Preparing for Your Exam
Topics and Competencies tested by the specific exam are listed here as well as links to study materials.
Please read and comply with the following:
- ✔ Your allotted exam time doesn't begin until you are entered into the exam by your proctor. Have your student or government issued-ID ready, as you will have to show it to your proctor to verify your identity. If there is a problem authenticating your identity a second id will be necessary.
- ✔ ProctorU will run an applet, or temporary program on your computer that will allow us to view your screen and what programs are running during your exam session. This program will expire once you close it. Please close all unnecessary programs before logging in to ensure the best experience. Click HERE to view ProctorU's security policy.
- ✔ Test your equipment at www.proctoru.com/testitout before your appointment to ensure everything works AND YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT YOU NEED. This is VERY important. Please do this!
- ✔ Review and comply with the Technical/Equipment Needs List
- ✔ Make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection. If you are connected through an intermittent WiFi connection, you may want to plug in directly to your modem, to avoid disconnecting during your exam. If you lose connectivity, please continue the test and email the course instructor immediately and call ProctorU at 205-870-8122.
- ✔ Please turn off all cell phones and find a comfortable, quiet spot in a well-lit room. Try to put light sources in front of you, such as windows or lamps, so they don't cast shadows on your face.
- ✔ Your proctor will need a clear view of your surroundings and face in order to grant access to your exam.
- ✔ ProctorU allows you to take your exam on demand or by appointment. All appointments should be made at least 3 days in advance.
- ✔ Reservations made within 72 hours of your exam are subject to a $5 late reservation fee. Students without an appointment can take their exam on demand within 15, 30 or 45 minutes utilizing "Take it Now". This premiere feature is designed to give test takers added convenience and only costs $8.75. (paid for with a credit/debit card). Late registrations and "Take it Now" are subject to availability.