Certified SCAA Teaching Laboratories are known worldwide for their quality and consistency, and enable companies to ensure high quality coffee grading and evaluation within their space. Becoming a SCAA Certified Teaching Lab enables a company to administer objective, calibrated, consistent teaching environments ensure global compliance with SCAA standards and protocols. This high value certification enables labs to administer Q System courses and exams internationally as well as SCAA regional professional development within Certified Labs in North America.
Steps to becoming a SCAA Certified Teaching Lab
Complete Inquiry Form: Click HERE to do so. The first step in the process. Connect with an SCAA staff member and discuss the certification process.
- Become familiar with the Lab Certification process:
- Inspection Procedures - Read | Download
- Requirements for Certification - Read | Download
- Inspector's Guidebook - Read | Download
- Self-Assessment - Read | Download
Ready to Start? Submit the Application Process Fee, by purchasing this item in the SCAA store. Click HERE to do so. This is the official start of the lab certification process allowing for direct access and support from SCAA staff during the entire process. Please allow 5 business days for processing.
Ready for your Inspection?
- Fill out the Laboratory Inspection form by clicking HERE.
- Pay the Inspection Fee by clicking HERE.
- Tell Me More About the Inspection Process.
Be inspected by a SCAA Teaching Laboratory Inspector, who then compiles a report with photos and supporting evidence and submits results to the SCAA Science Department. If any remaining items must be resolved, the certification is not issued until the SCAA Science Department follows up with the lab to ensure compliance. Please note all costs of this inspection are the responsibility of the Candidate Lab, as stated in the Inspection Procedures document above.
- Review of the Inspection Report: The SCAA completes the certification by confirming compliance with all requirements and issues a certificate for the Certified Lab. The lab will then be listed on the SCAA web site and be eligible for Q system courses and exams and SCAA Professional Development activities in North America.